18 April 2013

**NUMBER CHANGE, April 18th, 2013**


If a sentence is singular, change it to the plural; if it is plural, change it to the singular.

When we received our birthday gifts, we are pleased to see that we had each received different things this year: flowers, boxes of chocolates, jewelry, gift vouchers as well as items of clothing. When we went out to dinner that evening, we chose from appetizers, entrees, desserts, and even wines. We had a wonderful day with our friends.

Each student should write a slightly different sentence.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

When I received my birthday gift, I was pleased to see that I had received something different every year: a flower, a box of chocolate, a piece of jewelry, a gift voucher as well as an item of clothing. When I went out to the dinners over the next couple of evenings, I chose an appetizer, an entree, a dessert, and even the wine. I had many wonderful days with my friend.

Veronica Baig said...

PEGGY: Well done!

KennethENGL140 said...

When I received my birthday gift, I was pleased to see that I had received something different instead of a flower, a box with a piece of chocolate, a piece of jewelry, a gift voucher or an item of clothing. When I went out to the dinner that evening, I chose between an appetizer, an entree, a dessert, and a glass of wine. I had a wonderful day with my friend.

Veronica Baig said...

KENNETH: Good work, but the use of "between" makes the sentence sound rather strange.