27 October 2016

*ALL CHANGE!*

Change the words in the sentence below as indicated.


Please change only the exact word in the sequence given. Each participant should build on the changes made by the previous participant.

For instance, if the original sentence is "Benson hurriedly told the bad news to his friends":


participant 1 could write "#1 Subject Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad news to his friends";


participant 2 could then write "#2 Direct Object Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad joke to his friends";


participant 3 could then write "#3 Indirect Object Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad joke to his wife";

etc.


You are free to make as many changes as you wish. Just remember to number each change (and indicate the part of speech) so it is clear to everyone where we are on the list.


Participants who make all 7 changes will receive 2 bonus marks for their efforts.

When all 7 changes have been made, do not repeat
 the original sentence; return to the top of the list, but keep building on the changes made by the previous participant.

Here is the sentence:


My new accountant kindly offered me some helpful financial advice.

Changes:                                                                                                                          

1. subject noun

2. direct object noun          
3. indirect object noun                  
4. adjective(s)
5. adverb(s)    
6. verb name      
7. verb tense

3 comments:

Unknown said...

1. subject noun - My new teacher kindly offered me some helpful financial advice.
2. direct object noun - My new teacher kindly offered me some helpful textbooks.
3. indirect object noun - My new teacher kindly offered Paul some helpful textbooks
4. adjectives - My favourite teacher kindly offered Paul some important textbooks.
5. adverbs - My favourite teacher eagerly offered Paul some important textbooks.
6. verb name - My favourite teacher eagerly gave Paul some important textbooks.
7. verb tense - My favourite teacher will eagerly give Paul some important textbooks.

dianaz said...

1. subject noun - My new boyfriend kindly offered me some helpful financial advice.
2. direct object noun - My new boyfriend kindly offered me some helpful riding lessons.
3. indirect object noun - My new boyfriend kindly offered Samantha some helpful riding lessons.
4. adjectives - My loving boyfriend kindly offered Samantha some valuable riding lessons.
5. adverbs - My loving boyfriend willingly offered Samantha some valuable riding lessons.
6. verb name - My loving boyfriend willingly gave Samantha some valuable riding lessons.
7. verb tense - My loving boyfriend will willingly give Samantha some valuable riding lessons.

Michael said...

Good!